AS SEEN IN
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VIA FERRATA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS FOR VIA FERRATA
- The Via Ferrata is suitable for individual participants who want to build core strength and agility; for couples who want a ‘bonding experience’ in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains; for Families who wish to play together and create wonderful memories; and for other groups who are looking for adventure and fun in the great outdoors. Guests should be prepared for a physical outing which requires scrambling and 4th class climbing. Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 55lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand English
- Fitness Level. Active lifestyle and reasonably good health
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read Requirements & Restrictions and Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
VIA FERRATA COURSES – AGE & SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervision. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent on the tour. Children 15‐17 must have a parent or responsible adult present on‐site. One adult can supervise one (1) child 10-14 years old and two (2) children 15-17 years old. Supervising adults must be within one anchor of the child they are supervising.
- YELLOW – Mountain Goat ( beginner) provides an opportunity to learn how to use the equipment and to become the techniques to safely ascend and traverse the cliffs.
- GREEN – Diamondback (beginner) is 200 meters in length and courses along the ledges and crevasse of the cliff. It ends along an open ridge where climbers can choose to complete their adventure on Fortress of Victory Ridge
- BLUE – Fortress ( intermediate) is 1,100 meters in length. The route traverses the high cliffside along the Arkansas River where hidden rock ledges and shelves offer bighorn sheep refuge from weather and predators. The route ends in a spectacular 150‐foot swinging bridge that overlooks the Arkansas River.
- BLACK – Victory Ridge ( advanced) is the most demanding of routes and requires intermediate rock climbing skills.
VIA FERRATA TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline’s Visitor Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR VIA FERRATA
What our clients are saying…
There are precisely three ways to describe this place in two words or less: :D, Amazing, or Breathtakingly AWESOME!I have... read moreKatie H.8/04/2014
I really can't say enough good things about this company! Last year we did the zipline course and it... read moreCharity O.10/26/2015
Best fathers day gift ever We've always wanted to do a ropes course & zip lining. We showed up ready to go 30 min before... read moreJhuskerf6/17/2019
Let me just start by saying that I'm a 42-year old veteran cop. I've been shot at, punched, had my... read morePeter P.7/08/2014
Such a fun ziplining experience! Josh and Preston were the best guides. They were hilarious, polite and not to mention... read moreTiffany S.6/21/2015
Incredible Zipline Adventure The entire experience was inviting, fun, and entertaining!! Thank you Preston and Randy for the hilarious tour of CO geology... read moreGrandTour8122819/02/2018
Zipline Fun!! I had so much fun ziplining! Our guides were amazing which made it even better!!! Free totally talked... read morekathifinley6/27/2019
Zip lining with Dereck and Free We went with our three teenagers. Some of us had zip lined before , including me but I was... read moreErin W8/15/2019
Loved the ropes course We thoroughly enjoyed our time on the ropes course. We visited with our two teenaged boys and we ALL felt... read moreexpatCanuck16/26/2019