Fly Through the Sky on Our Zip lines!
1-877-947-5463 [1-877-ZIPLINE] or 719.207.4947
IMPORTANT NOTE: Captain Zipline will be opening the first Colorado aerial park and via ferrata this summer, adding even more adventures for those who want to enjoy the best of Colorado's outdoors. In addition to experiencing the thrill of our ziplines, guests will be able to choose the aerial park tour that offers over 75 challenge elements--a jungle gym in the canyon, with swinging bridges, ladders, tightropes, catwalks, and obstacles--or the via ferrata, an activity that allows guests to climb along the canyon's rockface using a smart belay system. Check back for these world-class Rocky Mountain adventures!
SCROLL DOWN to the bottom of the page to view our zipline "TOUR OPTIONS." We have 5 Zip Trips per day, all tours include THE SAME 7 cables (the "Bunny Zip" is cable #1), and cost $89 per person. You must call us, though, to book the 10AM "Sleepyhead's Ecotour."
P LINE TOURSoar over a rugged canyon and explore the magestic Rocky Mountains on Colorado's first world-class zipline and thrilling eco-tour, Captain Zipline and the Lost Canyon. Last year, Outside Magazine listed Captain Zipline as one of the 6 BEST ZIP LINE TOURS in the USA. In 2010, USA Today listed us as one of the TOP 10 ZIPLINE ATTRACTIONS in AMERICA! And, National Geographic Traveler Blog voted us as one of the TOP 10 ZIP LINES in the WORLD in 2009! Not only are we one of the the best, but we are also one of the first zip lines in the country. We opened in 2005 and 2 years later, were voted as one of the TOP 20 ADVENTURE VACATION DESTINATIONS on the CONTINENT by Men's Fitness Magazine.
Suspend your fear as you zip along our cables, reaching speeds up to 40 mph, and soar over the canyon floor some 100-200 feet below! Guests come for the adventure, but they get a whole lot more--while taking short hikes between the platforms, they can marvel at the 300 million-year-old colorful rocky cliffs, look down at the 1890 lime kiln ruins and abandoned silver mine shaft, or learn about the area's rich past, steeped in mining and Wild West history. Highlights of the tour include the Pack Rat Penthouse, petrified travertine spring formations, pinyon pine bonsai tree growing out of solid rock, and the highest point in the tour--the Eagle's Nest deck--perched 500 ft. above the whitewaters of the Arkansas River. Check out the views of awesome 14,000 ft. mountain peaks from the zipline platforms...after all, this is Colorado Rocky Mountain High at its finest! We have rates for individuals and groups. We offer discounts for packages with rafting and lodging partners. Also, we offer discounts for groups of six or more!
We are inspected and insured. Our zipline tour includes 7 cables, with lengths of 200 to 700 feet. This is 'no sweat' adrenaline that is family-friendly and easy enough for almost anyone to do, ages 7 and up. Weight and fitness restrictions apply. The safety and comfort of our guests are our main concerns; we have a spotless safety record and are entering into our ninth year of zip line operations. This ain't our first rodeo! If you want to zip with the best, head to Colorado's Captain Zipline!
Captain Zipline is located in Salida, Colorado, 2.5 hours SW of Denver; 2 hours west of Colorado Springs; 1.5 hours from ski resorts; and 35 minutes west of the Royal Gorge region. If you travel to our site from these locations, you get the added adventure of spectacular scenery and a memorable drive. (It's okay to gasp!) We operate the zip line tour nearly year-round, with 5 trips daily during summer.
We are very busy during summer and prefer that you book your trip using our online reservation tool above. Email or call us at 1 (877) ZIP-LINE or 719-207-4947 if your questions remain unanswered after visiting this site. We can't wait to show you a zipline experience of a lifetime! Gear Up...You Fly...Zip On!
Top seven reasons to explore the Lost Canyon with Captain Zipline
- Fabulous fun. Many guests have told us that our zipline tour is the most exciting and fun activity they have ever done! While they come for the zipline, they leave talking about everything else--the wonderful guides, the spectacular scenery, and the Colorado wildlife. Check out our guest testimonials and see for yourself!
- Pure and wild. The zip experience here at Captain Zipline was built/is operated to be eco-friendly and to minimize any disturbance on the rugged yet fragile high mountain desert environment. It’s “authentic” in every sense of the word and styled after the original Costa Rican canopy tours. In short, this ain’t no amusement park operation!
- Eye candy galore. Our high desert landscape is an exotic beauty. And, the wildlife residents aren’t bad either. Past zipists have seen bear, deer, bighorn sheep, hawks, bald eagles, and more. In addition, there are scenic Arkansas River views and spectacular Colorado Rocky Mountain 14,000 ft. mountain vistas.
- Glimpse of the past. The scenery includes lime kiln ruins from the 1890s, a shaft to an abandoned silver mine, petrified hot spring formations, and 300 million-year-old dramatic cliffs.
- Priced just right. Go ahead, compare our zipline tours with the others...you will find the best bang-for-your-buck rests here.
- Timing. Our tour takes approximately 2 to 3 hours, depending on your tour selection and on group size. That leaves more than enough time to have a leisurely bite to eat, explore other fascinating attractions in the region, or go rafting in the same day.
- Easy to learn, Hard to forget. Step into our world and experience one of the most exciting yet easy-to-learn outdoor experiences. Once-in-a-lifetime memories await you!
Ready to schedule a zipline tour?
Two experienced Zip Rangers securely harness and train our guests on the “Bunny Zipline”…then it’s time to fly! This family-friendly (ages 7 and up) adventure looks extreme, but almost anyone can do it! Check out our Facebook Page and read what our zip friends say!
ALL TOURS are the SAME and INCLUDE the SAME 7 CABLES, last approximately 2.5 to 3 HOURS, and COST $89 PER PERSON. If the tour you want does not "show up" on your search, please call us...we will attempt to find a way to accomodate you!
We aim to give our guests lifetime thrills combined with a memorable Colorado Rocky Mountain eco-experience. Tours include Guide presentations on topics such as the complex geology, natural history, and the flora and fauna of the region. Mountain building, folding and faulting of the limestone strata are touched on as well. Also, the area's rich mining history is noted. Meanwhile, be on the lookout for our resident wildlife--deer, coyotes, bear, bighorn sheep and birds of prey--we've seen them all!
MORNING ZIP LINE ECOTOUR – 9AM. Get pumping with with our “Intimidator" cable, best eye-opener ever!
SLEEPYHEAD'S ECOTOUR – 10AM. Need more 'shut-eye?' Maybe a leisurely breakfast before your 'no sweat adrenaline' zipline tour? Pick me, pick me...
CLASSIC ZIP TRIP – 1PM. Come and experience the “Adrena-Line” during the most popular tour of the day. This tour runs year-round.
AFTERNOON DELIGHT TRIP – 2:30PM. Explore historic downtown Salida, hike, bike, or raft and then join us for afternoon zipline thrills. You'll leave smiling.
4:30PM ZIP TRIP. Complete your Rocky Mountain experience with this late afternoon zip trip.
*After your zip trip, relax and enjoy a glass of Colorado's microbrew, wine, or non-alcoholic beverage at one of Salida’s finest restaurants and brew pubs. Guests receive a "Zip and Sip" card for use at one of our partner restaurants in town.
MOONLIGHT ZIP LINE TOURS with campfire and s’mores during full moon periods can be arranged.
GROUP RATES for 6 or more. We welcome corporations, churches, scouts…
Please book your zipline trip online or call (877) ZIP-LINE. For groups of 6 or more, please contact us directly or fill out our Captain Zipline group reservation form. We can handle large groups of up to 200 on most days with advance notice.
Considering building a zipline tour...
The success of a zipline tour is highly dependent upon careful attention to detail, business planning, zipline design, and market analysis. Our team is highly experienced and prepared to offer assistance to serious parties. If you are interested in retaining Captain Zipline to assist in the development of your tour, click here to learn more about zip line design and construction and licensed Captain Zipline tour opportunities. Thank you.