AS SEEN IN
CANYON AERIAL COURSE
- The Canyon Aerial Course (CAC) complex is an amazing structure tucked into the Lost Canyon. Surrounded by rugged and colorful limestone cliffs, the Canyon Aerial Course consists of more than 120 interconnected “challenge elements” including swinging bridges, cargo nets, balance beams, tunnels and more. It is a high ropes challenge course on steroids with elements ranging from easy to extreme. The 120 elements are broken into 9 course routes. Routes consist of 8-13 elements and are graded much like ski runs.
- Prior to entering the Canyon Challenge Course, guests are fitted with gear, given a safety briefing and instructions, and then off they go! Guests begin on easy courses and graduate to more challenging routes. Once a course is completed, guests can proceed to more challenging courses.
- The Canyon Aerial Course was designed and built by Swiss Alpine engineers to industry standards, including those of the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) as well as the specifications and safety standards of the state of Colorado. Participants are secured throughout their experience to the life safety systems using the Bornack Smart Safe Belay (SSB) lanyard system which prevents participants from detaching from the system during transfers from one element to the next while providing participants the freedom to choose their route and move at their own pace. Staff are positioned nearby to offer encouragement and assist if needed.
plus taxes & fees
- 2.5-hour adventure
- Features Bornack “Smart Belay” System
- Instruction provided
- 9 challenging course with heights up to 40 feet
- Appropriate for children 8 years old and older
- Stunning Colorado canyon views
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS
- The Canyon Aerial Course is designed for individuals seeking a physical challenge, designed to test their core strength, balance and agility. Groups are welcome.Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 70 lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand english
- Fitness Level. Reasonably active lifestyle and good health
- Independence. Participants must be able to perform tour activities (transferring equipment, traversing obstacle, following staff instruction, etc.) independent of an aid or parent
- Age & Supervision of Minors. 8 years and older; See chart below.
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read the Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
Courses – Age & Supervision Requirements
- Supervision requirements are as follows:
- supervised = Adult (18+ years) must be present below course and within sight, monitoring children
- w/ adult = Adult (18+ years) must accompany child/children on Canyon Aerial Course at ratio of 1 adult: 2 children maximum
- YELLOW – three (3) courses, JACKRABBIT, MAGPIE, and GOLDEN EAGLE. These are the easiest, entry-level, courses. Beginners and children ages 8 years and above. Platform height up to 15 feet. The GOLDEN EAGLE course will take the Guest over the historical limekiln ruins from the 1890s.
- GREEN – two (2) courses, COUGAR RUN and FALCON. Easy course although more demanding than Yellow; platform height up to 20 feet.
- BLUE – two (2) courses, BADGER and WILD CAT. The WILDCAT has the “flying snowboard,” an element that can be experienced with no snow. Challenging course, requires some agility, good balance, strategy, and strength. Platform heights are 24-30 feet. See table above for further specifications.
- DOUBLE BLACK – RATTLESNAKE. Very difficult course. Requires physical strength, strategy, endurance, and athletic ability. Must be at least 16 years old to do this course. These platforms are 40+ feet in height.
TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline Visitor’s Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines.
MAKING A RESERVATION
- Departures: Fall to Spring. Daily at 1PM; additional availability during holidays and upon request
- Deaprture: Summer. Daily at 9am, 10am, 1pm, 2:30pm and 4:30pm
- Booking. Guests can BOOK ONLINE or by calling (719) 207-4947. During the summer season when we are busiest, we highly recommend guests BOOK ONLINE in advance.
- Walk-ins. While we do our best to accommodate walk-ins when tour space is available, tours often sell out. During the off-season, we only staff departures if there are advance reservations.
What our clients are saying…
Tony and Brandon - best zip guides hands down! We had a phenomenal experience with Captain Zipline. The six lines were a blast and our guides Tony and... read moreEGads047/08/2019
Let me just start by saying that I'm a 42-year old veteran cop. I've been shot at, punched, had my... read morePeter P.7/08/2014
Adventure Park My husband and I did the adventure park with the ropes and had so much fun! Our tour guide, Free,... read morekdorsey177/21/2019
Fun place We did the zip lines with Tony and Derick as our guides. They where great, knowledgeable and funny. Highly recommend... read moreW6195GIamandam8/21/2019
So much fun! Josh and Derek made the trip even better! We will definitely be back in the near future!Nikki H.5/07/2016
Great experience! I was so scared to do this as my one previous zipline in Mexico I did not enjoy. The... read moreLeefamilyCO9/29/2019
Derek and Raeah (sp?) were amazing!! We had a group of about 14 of us, from kids to 50+ and... read moreChelsea M.11/13/2016
Adrenaline firehose and amazing workout on the areal course with a phenomenal view! Scare the crap out of yourself while... read moreRoger L.5/05/2016
well I did the best I could, but had to bail after the second zipline. scared s*itless would be an... read morestephanie g.7/12/2015