zip & dip
experience the arkansas river with our adventure partners
Combine whitewater rafting with one of our rafting partners with a Captain Zipline Canyon Challenge Course, Lost Canyon Zipline Tour or Via Ferrata Adventure for a ZIP & DIP Adventure you won’t soon forget. Please call to book.
AMERICAN ADVENTURE EXPEDITION
12844 East Highways 24 / 285
Buena Vista, CO 81211
(719) 395-2409; (800) 288-06755
Two beautiful riverfront locations in Buena Vista and Canon City. “AAE” has been rafting for over 25 years, offers affordable raft trips from family-friendly to high adventure. Want to add another activity? No problem, enjoy horseback riding, biking, ATV tours, Hot Springs and more.
24070 CR 301
Buena Vista, Colorado 81211
(800) 723-898744641 Hwy 50
Canon City, CO 81212
River Runners has been rafting Colorado’s Arkansas River since 1972. Choose from two locations and a variety of rafting trips including half-day, full-day and overnight adventures on beginner, intermediate and advanced whitewater.
10830 CR 165
Salida, CO 81201
(719) 539-7737; (800) 428-1479
Small, locally-owned, located between Salida and Buena Vista. Family Fun floats starting at only $30. Half-day trip affords you all of Brown’s Canyon since we have a private take-out. Half-day and full-day rafting trips; inflatable kayaks.
THE BUENA VISTA ADVENTURE HUB
801 Front Loop
Buena Vista, CO 81211
Whether you’re whitewater rafting down the Arkansas River or ripping off-road trails with views of 14,000 foot peaks,
you’ll be sure to have an amazing time! Zipline tours, aerial park, and horseback riding tours also available
17921 US Hwy 285
Nathrop, CO 81236
(719) 539-6851; (800) 824-3795
Offers daily: Whitewater trips, Watersport rentals, Arkansas River Shuttles, Float-Fishing trips. Colorado’s 1st Licensed Outfitter, 7 different rivers to choose from in the Southwestern USA. Offering trips from ½ to 5 days. Rates for groups, families, corporations, and individuals. Family-owned & operated since 1979.
MONUMENTAL RAFTING EXPEDITIONS
14825 US HWY 285
Salida, CO 81201
Started in 2015, Monumental Expeditions builds on the experience of 18 seasons running rafting trips on the Arkansas River and other rivers of the West and Northwest. We use that hands-on knowledge to run a company that goes beyond the average outfitter. Special attention is paid to the guest experience and safety on the river.
SALIDA RIVER ADVENTURES
Salida, CO 81201
Come raft with the BEST. Salida River Adventures is a locally owned and operated whitewater rafting outfitter right in the Heart of the Salida CO. With the most experienced and professional guide staff in the industry, you will for sure be in great hands. Leave the screens at home and get back to Adventure. We guarantee an experience the family will never forget. With decades of experience in the whitewater rafting industry we pride ourselves on providing the best whitewater rafting trips Colorado has to offer. Salida River Adventures is a family run operation, So join us on the river and be treated like family.
Done with a long day of adventure and ready to relax? Check out Creekside Chalets for the perfect place to stay and unwind!
Get your Discovery Pass and get discounts at Captain Zipline and other retail and adventure outfitters in Chaffee County.
The Woodland Motel in Salida Colorado is a locally owned and operated business that has welcomed guests for over 40 years. The motel features a variety of room types, some traditional motel rooms and some with full kitchens and private bedrooms. We are a 10 minute walk to the historic downtown where you will find many galleries, restaurants, and shops.
Colorado Retreat CO.
Have you been searching for a special place for your wedding, retreat, team offsite, or family reunion? Time to check out The Colorado Retreat Co. – the ideal partner for multi-day weddings, transformative retreats, unique board or team offsites, and more! The flagship location, the Steel Horse, is nestled in a stunning mountain valley on 17.5 peaceful acres in central Colorado (just 35 miles southwest of Salida) and offers everything you need to host an extraordinary and memorable group experience.
WHITEWATER RAFTING ON THE ARKANSAS RIVER, COLORADO
Starting at the Continental Divide the Arkansas River drops a dizzying 5000′ feet in elevation over the course of mere 125 miles! This elevation drops makes the Arkansas River a mecca for whitewater rafting. With rapids that range from class I to class V, the Arkansas can provide the perfect opportunity for all ability levels!
The Arkansas River, America’s most commercially rafted river, provides day runs and opportunities for multi-day excursions… and Captain Zipline lays central. Upstream from our adventure park lay Pine Creek, the Numbers/Narrows and Browns Canyon sections of the river. Our park is situated along the Upper Bighorn Sheep Canyon. Downstream lay the Lower Bighorn Sheep Canyon and popular Royal Gorge sections.
popular sections of
the arkansas river
- Pine Creek, Arkansas River – Class V. Run commercially with a limited launch window. Located above the Numbers section, it’s the steepest section of whitewater the Arkansas River offers and the most difficult.
- Numbers, Arkansas River – Class IV+.The Numbers can be run as a day run or combined with the Narrows for a full day. Tucked in bouldery canyons, the Numbers is a steep and technical whitewater run with lots of maneuvering and drops.
- Narrows, Arkansas River – Class III-IV. Located just below the Numbers, the Narrows is often combined with the Numbers or Browns Canyon Run below for a full-day. It is a common launching point for multi-day rafting trips. The section offers non-stop whitewater with stunning views of 14,000′ peaks.
- Browns Canyon, Arkansas River – Class III-IV. Browns Canyon is located between Buena Vista and Salida, Colorado. It is easily accessible and renowned as the most popular family rafting section and most popular section of whitewater in the country. For first timers and experts, Browns Canyon offers great whitewater and beautiful scenery.
- Upper and Lower Bighorn Sheep Canyon, Arkansas River – Class II-IV. A milder section of the Arkansas River perfect for beginner paddlers or
multi-day excursions. A popular fishing section that offers incredible views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and unique geography. Runs from just above Salida to Cañon City.
- Royal Gorge, Arkansas River – Class IV-V. Located near Cañon City, this section offers big, powerful whitewater and stunning canyon views with looming cliffs and the Royal Gorge Bridge, America’s highest suspension bridge, 1000′ feet above the water.