AS SEEN IN
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VIA FERRATA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS FOR VIA FERRATA
- The Via Ferrata is suitable for individual participants who want to build core strength and agility; for couples who want a ‘bonding experience’ in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains; for Families who wish to play together and create wonderful memories; and for other groups who are looking for adventure and fun in the great outdoors. Guests should be prepared for a physical outing which requires scrambling and 4th class climbing. Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 55lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand English
- Fitness Level. Active lifestyle and reasonably good health
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read Requirements & Restrictions and Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
VIA FERRATA COURSES – AGE & SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervision. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent on the tour. Children 15‐17 must have a parent or responsible adult present on‐site. One adult can supervise one (1) child 10-14 years old and two (2) children 15-17 years old. Supervising adults must be within one anchor of the child they are supervising.
- YELLOW – Mountain Goat ( beginner) provides an opportunity to learn how to use the equipment and to become the techniques to safely ascend and traverse the cliffs.
- GREEN – Diamondback (beginner) is 200 meters in length and courses along the ledges and crevasse of the cliff. It ends along an open ridge where climbers can choose to complete their adventure on Fortress of Victory Ridge
- BLUE – Fortress ( intermediate) is 1,100 meters in length. The route traverses the high cliffside along the Arkansas River where hidden rock ledges and shelves offer bighorn sheep refuge from weather and predators. The route ends in a spectacular 150‐foot swinging bridge that overlooks the Arkansas River.
- BLACK – Victory Ridge ( advanced) is the most demanding of routes and requires intermediate rock climbing skills.
VIA FERRATA TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline’s Visitor Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR VIA FERRATA
What our clients are saying…
Capt zip line was totally awesome on honeymoon guide's Kim & Josh had us both looking like pros in no... read moreRay C.5/25/2015
We had such an awesome time at Captain Zipline. Our car broke down on the way, and when we called,... read moreSven P.8/30/2018
We've been ziplining before, but Captain Ziplines Aerial Park was like nothing we've EVER experienced. And we've been traveling the... read moreBrittany B.8/26/2014
Great adventure with the family! Came here with visiting family and had a blast! My dad wouldn't tell us where we were going and we... read moreOwlex7896/11/2019
We had a great time. Pat and Randy were awesome were awesome guides! We will definitely be back!Terry Z.3/27/2014
Flying Through the Sky If your looking for things to do in the Salida area look no further than Captain Zipline.
We called the... read moreronk1127/09/2019
Great guides, awesome view, Heather and Treat made the hiking part easier by keeping us laughing. So glad we came.Tammy L.7/21/2016
Our class loved it! We took our middle school on a camping trip to begin the school year and the activities we did at... read moreSusan O9/07/2018
We had a blast! Shavano and Derek were entertaining guides. This was an awesome first zipline experience!Kristin M.5/31/2017