AS SEEN IN
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VIA FERRATA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS FOR VIA FERRATA
- The Via Ferrata is suitable for individual participants who want to build core strength and agility; for couples who want a ‘bonding experience’ in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains; for Families who wish to play together and create wonderful memories; and for other groups who are looking for adventure and fun in the great outdoors. Guests should be prepared for a physical outing which requires scrambling and 4th class climbing. Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 55lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand English
- Fitness Level. Active lifestyle and reasonably good health
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read Requirements & Restrictions and Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
VIA FERRATA COURSES – AGE & SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervision. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent on the tour. Children 15‐17 must have a parent or responsible adult present on‐site. One adult can supervise one (1) child 10-14 years old and two (2) children 15-17 years old. Supervising adults must be within one anchor of the child they are supervising.
- YELLOW – Mountain Goat ( beginner) provides an opportunity to learn how to use the equipment and to become the techniques to safely ascend and traverse the cliffs.
- GREEN – Diamondback (beginner) is 200 meters in length and courses along the ledges and crevasse of the cliff. It ends along an open ridge where climbers can choose to complete their adventure on Fortress of Victory Ridge
- BLUE – Fortress ( intermediate) is 1,100 meters in length. The route traverses the high cliffside along the Arkansas River where hidden rock ledges and shelves offer bighorn sheep refuge from weather and predators. The route ends in a spectacular 150‐foot swinging bridge that overlooks the Arkansas River.
- BLACK – Victory Ridge ( advanced) is the most demanding of routes and requires intermediate rock climbing skills.
VIA FERRATA TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline’s Visitor Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR VIA FERRATA
What our clients are saying…
Great time for our family of 4! Free was an amazing guide who helped give both our kids, 12 & 9, confidence to do it. Our 12 year old completed the blue course after mastering all the other levels. Our 9 year old daughter had... read moreJamie W8/28/2018
Incredible Zipline Adventure The entire experience was inviting, fun, and entertaining!! Thank you Preston and Randy for the hilarious tour of CO geology... read moreGrandTour8122819/02/2018
The zip-line and the adventure course are both totally amazing! I just wish I lived closer so I could enjoy... read moreDebi D.1/08/2014
Yeah!!!!! We had a great adventure with Captain Zipline! We thought there was only 1 zipline and we were able to... read moreAlicia T6/07/2019
We had a small group, my family of 4 and one other person. We had a blast. James... read moreRay B.7/07/2014
Josh and Derrick the zip line the most enjoyable!! Awesome guides!!!!Wendy R.4/08/2016
Ziplines Our family had a great time ziplining, Derek and Jared were terrific guides, we came from South Dakota, it... read moreGkinney6/26/2019
Jason & Brandon, did a wonderful job. Very safe, friendly, and know their stuff! A must do if you are... read morePaula M.7/11/2017
A great time for our family! Captain Zipline was awesome. We finished up our family vacation there and couldn’t have scripted a better ending. Our guides,... read moreRJBatesFam1/16/2019