AS SEEN IN
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VIA FERRATA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS FOR VIA FERRATA
- The Via Ferrata is suitable for individual participants who want to build core strength and agility; for couples who want a ‘bonding experience’ in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains; for Families who wish to play together and create wonderful memories; and for other groups who are looking for adventure and fun in the great outdoors. Guests should be prepared for a physical outing which requires scrambling and 4th class climbing. Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 55lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand English
- Fitness Level. Active lifestyle and reasonably good health
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read Requirements & Restrictions and Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
VIA FERRATA COURSES – AGE & SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervision. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent on the tour. Children 15‐17 must have a parent or responsible adult present on‐site. One adult can supervise one (1) child 10-14 years old and two (2) children 15-17 years old. Supervising adults must be within one anchor of the child they are supervising.
- YELLOW – Mountain Goat ( beginner) provides an opportunity to learn how to use the equipment and to become the techniques to safely ascend and traverse the cliffs.
- GREEN – Diamondback (beginner) is 200 meters in length and courses along the ledges and crevasse of the cliff. It ends along an open ridge where climbers can choose to complete their adventure on Fortress of Victory Ridge
- BLUE – Fortress ( intermediate) is 1,100 meters in length. The route traverses the high cliffside along the Arkansas River where hidden rock ledges and shelves offer bighorn sheep refuge from weather and predators. The route ends in a spectacular 150‐foot swinging bridge that overlooks the Arkansas River.
- BLACK – Victory Ridge ( advanced) is the most demanding of routes and requires intermediate rock climbing skills.
VIA FERRATA TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline’s Visitor Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR VIA FERRATA
What our clients are saying…
It took my breath away Had an excellent time with Derek on the ropes course. Derek made the trip enjoyable from beginning to end. Was... read moreBrunoMichigan4/17/2019
Awesome! We had so much fun at captain zipline. We did the aerial course this time. Wish we'd had more... read moreMarc H.7/30/2017
The ropes course was a blast. The higher up, the more challenging. The instruction and practice on harness safety helped... read moreTara R.5/16/2016
This was an awesome experience!! Our guides, Wade and James were top notch safety conscious entertainers! Going back again soon.Jareb D.8/01/2015
Loved our experience at Captain Zipline! Our guides, Derek and Reya, were a blast and kept us laughing as we... read moreAnne S.4/02/2017
Jason & Brandon, did a wonderful job. Very safe, friendly, and know their stuff! A must do if you are... read morePaula M.7/11/2017
Minnesota squad Thanks Derek and freed for a great time Zip-lining, kept it entertaining the whole time with the stories and jokes.... read moredevinMN1234/19/2019
Such a fun ziplining experience! Josh and Preston were the best guides. They were hilarious, polite and not to mention... read moreTiffany S.6/21/2015
We had a group of 9 people who'd never ziplined before. All of the guys were fun & made everything... read moreElizabeth F.9/01/2014