AS SEEN IN
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VIA FERRATA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS FOR VIA FERRATA
- The Via Ferrata is suitable for individual participants who want to build core strength and agility; for couples who want a ‘bonding experience’ in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains; for Families who wish to play together and create wonderful memories; and for other groups who are looking for adventure and fun in the great outdoors. Guests should be prepared for a physical outing which requires scrambling and 4th class climbing. Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 55lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand English
- Fitness Level. Active lifestyle and reasonably good health
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read Requirements & Restrictions and Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
VIA FERRATA COURSES – AGE & SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervision. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent on the tour. Children 15‐17 must have a parent or responsible adult present on‐site. One adult can supervise one (1) child 10-14 years old and two (2) children 15-17 years old. Supervising adults must be within one anchor of the child they are supervising.
- YELLOW – Mountain Goat ( beginner) provides an opportunity to learn how to use the equipment and to become the techniques to safely ascend and traverse the cliffs.
- GREEN – Diamondback (beginner) is 200 meters in length and courses along the ledges and crevasse of the cliff. It ends along an open ridge where climbers can choose to complete their adventure on Fortress of Victory Ridge
- BLUE – Fortress ( intermediate) is 1,100 meters in length. The route traverses the high cliffside along the Arkansas River where hidden rock ledges and shelves offer bighorn sheep refuge from weather and predators. The route ends in a spectacular 150‐foot swinging bridge that overlooks the Arkansas River.
- BLACK – Victory Ridge ( advanced) is the most demanding of routes and requires intermediate rock climbing skills.
VIA FERRATA TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline’s Visitor Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR VIA FERRATA
What our clients are saying…
Great experience! I was so scared to do this as my one previous zipline in Mexico I did not enjoy. The... read moreLeefamilyCO9/29/2019
Had a wonderful time!
Chose to do both the aerial rope course and zipline experience in the afternoon.
We were the... read moreTraci M.9/25/2019
Combo package for a full day of FUN! Had a wonderful time! We went here as a different experience for our honeymoon. We chose to do both... read moreTjmazz169/25/2019
Had a wonderful time! Chose to do both the aerial rope course and zipline experience in the afternoon.We were the... read moreTraci M.9/25/2019
Fantastic Aerial Course and Zipline! The 4 of us (ages 9-49) spent the morning on the aerial course with our guide Derek. It’s quite mentally... read morenursebeth8/30/2019
Fun! My friends and I were visiting Colorado this past weekend and went rafting and ziplining. I am so happy that... read moremichaelasaf8/25/2019
Fun place We did the zip lines with Tony and Derick as our guides. They where great, knowledgeable and funny. Highly recommend... read moreW6195GIamandam8/21/2019
Zip lining adventure Absolutely the best adventure!Awesome instructors, very, very patient and made it enjoyable! would highly recommendNavajo N8/17/2019
We had a great time with Haley and Tony!!
They took time to teach us local history and geology of local... read moreSweet P.8/15/2019