AS SEEN IN
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE VIA FERRATA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS FOR VIA FERRATA
- The Via Ferrata is suitable for individual participants who want to build core strength and agility; for couples who want a ‘bonding experience’ in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains; for Families who wish to play together and create wonderful memories; and for other groups who are looking for adventure and fun in the great outdoors. Guests should be prepared for a physical outing which requires scrambling and 4th class climbing. Prior to booking, please review our Trip Preparation Guidelines and FAQs.
- Weight. 55lbs. minimum; 250 lbs. maximum
- Vertical Reach. Must be able to reach 60 inches standing flat-footed
- Language. Must speak and understand English
- Fitness Level. Active lifestyle and reasonably good health
- For a complete list of physical requirements and restrictions, please read Requirements & Restrictions and Trip Preparation Guidelines before booking.
VIA FERRATA COURSES – AGE & SUPERVISION REQUIREMENTS
- Supervision. Children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent on the tour. Children 15‐17 must have a parent or responsible adult present on‐site. One adult can supervise one (1) child 10-14 years old and two (2) children 15-17 years old. Supervising adults must be within one anchor of the child they are supervising.
- YELLOW – Mountain Goat ( beginner) provides an opportunity to learn how to use the equipment and to become the techniques to safely ascend and traverse the cliffs.
- GREEN – Diamondback (beginner) is 200 meters in length and courses along the ledges and crevasse of the cliff. It ends along an open ridge where climbers can choose to complete their adventure on Fortress of Victory Ridge
- BLUE – Fortress ( intermediate) is 1,100 meters in length. The route traverses the high cliffside along the Arkansas River where hidden rock ledges and shelves offer bighorn sheep refuge from weather and predators. The route ends in a spectacular 150‐foot swinging bridge that overlooks the Arkansas River.
- BLACK – Victory Ridge ( advanced) is the most demanding of routes and requires intermediate rock climbing skills.
VIA FERRATA TOUR LOCATION & LOGISTICS
- Meeting Location. Tours depart from the Captain Zipline’s Visitor Center
( 1500 COUNTY ROAD 45, SALIDA (WELLSVILLE), CO 81201 )
GET DIRECTIONS TO CAPTAIN ZIPLINE
- Arrival Time. Guests should arrive 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time
- Dress. Guests should arrive properly dressed and prepared to be outside for 2.5 to 3.0 hours. For recommendations on what to wear, view Trip Preparation Guidelines
MAKING A RESERVATION FOR VIA FERRATA
What our clients are saying…
My grandma and I had a wonderful experience on the zip lines! The zip lines themselves were awesome, but the... read moreAmanda M.7/19/2016
Tried zip lining for the fist time and have to say it was pretty awesome. I am not a... read moreTom W.8/06/2014
This review is for the Aerial Adventure Park, not the zip line. I have done zip lines in the past... read moreGina M.10/20/2015
We've been ziplining before, but Captain Ziplines Aerial Park was like nothing we've EVER experienced. And we've been traveling the... read moreBrittany B.8/26/2014
What a great time! Free and Preston lead our group of approximately 10 people and did a fantastic job.... read moreCharles S.6/30/2018
Great guides, awesome view, Heather and Treat made the hiking part easier by keeping us laughing. So glad we came.Tammy L.7/21/2016
The ropes course was a blast. The higher up, the more challenging. The instruction and practice on harness safety helped... read moreTara R.5/16/2016
Thanks Gauge and Ryan!!!! Had an amazing time and will definitely come back!Debbie L.6/10/2017
We loved it! Very family friendly and the views are spectacular. Our guides, Preston and Kenzie were fantastic!Misty L.7/16/2018